Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Birthday...To My "Inner Molly" & Me!


OK, so it's really 44 candles today......not Sixteen.

Whatever.

It's what's on the inside that counts, right?

And on the inside -- I still sometimes feel like that sorta awkward, shy & insecure high school freshman.....a lot like the one Miss Molly Ringwald played in one of my all-time favorite flicks, Sixteen Candles.


Hmmm.....the fact that I happen to now be married to one of the shy freshman guys that I was friends with way back then -- AND we have a 15-year-old high school daughter -- well, I'm sure that has nothing to do with my fond memories & nostalgia for this movie and that time.

Right.


OK......so HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me.

Look, I think I'm gonna have to order myself a present:


Awesome.

And because I feel like sharing today, take a peek at this slightly worn 24-year-old trailer for Sixteen Candles:



Love, love it!

Hey.....why not take some time today to reminisce and enjoy your own high school memories?


Yep....I think we were all just a little awkward, geeky and insecure back then.

:)

Have a good weekend y'all......


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOVIE CHICK!

I know you were no Molly R. in High School. I'm sure Rob Camp didn't think so.

Looking forward to seeing the flick tonight.

Ju Ju

Nochipra said...

I love this movie. We just got the box set of movies with Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, and Weird Science. Really brings back memories:)