Sunday, July 19, 2009

Newman, Redford, Butch and Sundance....Heaven & The Handsome Bank Robbers.


OK, confession time.

Every time I hear the song, "Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head".....I wanna get on the handlebars of a bike and be driven around a farm by a handsome bank robber.


Uh....duh.

Who wouldn't?

Obviously, for me the feelings when I hear that tune are very strong, because they remind me of a classic scene from one of my ALL-TIME favorite flicks:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.


Oh yeah baby....I first viewed this flick when I was merely in grade school, but even then -- I knew a great flick when I saw it.

Newman & Redford.

Butch & Sundance.

Devilishly Handsome & Gosh Darn Gorgeous.


Ooops, I digress.

I really just wanna gush about this flick, and the fact that thanks to CAPA (Columbus Association Of The Performing Arts) and their 2009 Summer Movie Series -- I got to see Butch & Sundance all over again yesterday.

Yep, up on the glorious big screen of the Ohio Theatre, right where they belong.

Those two wonderful actors, a great script, awesome direction and a "true" story that was made for the silver screen.

I was in Movie Lover heaven.

Y'all know that I truly enjoy sharing movie fun, so I invited my sister Julie and fab friend Angela to join me for the afternoon....and we had a fun little discussion about the film (and the CAPA Summer Movie Series) over a few drinks at the Tip Top Kitchen and Cocktails afterward.

Check it out:





For those of you who don't know -- CAPA's 2009 Summer Movie Series, the longest-running classic film series in America, celebrates it's 39th anniversary this year with a lineup of classics, cult favorites and much-beloved films.

With 20 films covering practically every genre, there's truly something for everyone -- action, suspense, romance, comedy, drama, sci-fi, musicals, and even a little good-humored horror -- all in the grandeur of the glorious Ohio Theatre.

Click below for the complete series schedule:

2009 CAPA Summer Movie Series Schedule

What are some of the great films that I'm looking forward to seeing?

Show Boat, Rebecca, Dirty Dancing, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Spellbound, Steel Magnolias and South Pacific.

Oh yes....like I said, Movie Lover heaven.

Hey, why not pull up a cloud and join me for a few?

Tickets are truly a bargain, $4.00 for the General Public, $3.50 for Senior Citizens or a strip of 10 tickets for $25.00 (the best movie deal in town!).

Seriously....prices even a handsome bank robber on a bicycle would love.


Yep...heaven.

3 comments:

columbus imPRessions said...

Loved your video summary! I'd love to see South Pacific. It was the play we did in high school. I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair!

Anonymous said...

Wooo-Yeee! I don't know if that is a word but a double date with Robbie and Paul is my idea of double mint fun.

The Ohio Theatre is gorgeous and I love the fact that folks of all ages, sizes and wages are in attendance.

ju ju burd

custom t shirts said...

OMG, Girl. I just love you for this post.