Sunday, August 9, 2009

Marvelous Meryl Is At It Again!


Hey Movie Lovers --

Today I'm happy to report that it seems the marvelous Meryl Streep has now become Hollywood's go-to gal for summer AND holiday flicks that will appeal to the (largely ignored) over-25 female demographic.

At least, that's what it's starting to look like.

What with last summer's HUGE box office hit Mamma Mia, and then the holiday Oscar-bait of Doubt....Meryl is set to repeat herself this year as well.

We have the just-released Julie & Julia, poised to become a summer box office success....


And now the trailer for Meryl's upcoming holiday offering -- It's Complicated, has just hit movie screens & the internet.

Oh yeah...and it looks good, good, GOOD.

Let's just say, this makes me happier than a pig in.....oh, never mind.

Just take a look below at the newly released trailer for It's Complicated. Along with a very funny Meryl, it stars Alec Baldwin as her cheating ex-husband and Steve Martin as Meryl's architect and would-be suitor.

I mean seriously, how much do I love that cast?

You'll also see some other welcome faces: Mary Kay Place, Alexandra Wentworth and Rita Wilson as Meryl's gal-pals....and cutie John Krasinski from The Office as Meryl's son-in-law.

OK, so it opens Christmas day and I'm willing to bet the contents of my stocking that it's gonna be a big hit.

In fact, I'm thinkin' that will be right around the time Miss Streep will be receiving serious Oscar buzz for her portrayal of Julia Child....so it may just be a very Merry Christmas for Meryl this year.


Go ahead and quote me on that. Just sayin'.

Hey, take a peek at It's Complicated & let me know what YOU think --



(By the way, did Meryl Streep really just say: "Turns out, I'm a bit of a slut"? I LOVE it!)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

now i HAVE TO WAIT til Christmas to see this!!! oy!! (that's my version of 'Just sayin')

columbus imPRessions said...

It's complicated looks great! What a cast! Can't wait to see that one! Thanks for the sneak peak!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait! Fab cast & love Meryl as the "other" woman.

Finally, a flick an adult chick can enjoy!

ju ju burd

Anonymous said...

I loved Julie & Julia and I absolutely adore Meryl Streep! I would argue that she is one of the best actresses of all time. She is so versatile! Mammia Mia.... Julie & Julia... It's Complicated!!!!!!!