Monday, August 25, 2008

I LOVE This Video! -- "Target Women: Chick Flicks"


Hey there Movie Lovers --

Happy Monday!


Well, if you're a regular reader of this blog (of course you are!) then you're familiar with the very funny Sarah Haskins and the periodic "Target Women" pieces she does for the weekly news parody web show Info Mania on Current TV.

Guess what?

Lucky for us, she's posted a new one and it's right up our movie-lovin' alley!

Sarah takes a few well-deserved digs at the "Chick Flick" genre......and even picks on an upcoming film that I've been looking forward to for about 10 years: The Women.


OK.....so for a fun Monday mornin' chuckle, click below to check out --
"Target Women: Chick Flicks"

(I have a few comments afterward)



Yep, gotta love it.

Two things:

1. If you enjoy Sarah and her Target Women series as much as I do, you can click this link: Sarah Haskins/Target Women and head on over to current tv to watch all of her previous work. I highly recommend the bridezilla/wedding shows piece and the one about marketing yogurt to women. Funny stuff.

2. I must say to Sarah (and all of the other avid Colin Firth fans out there....), unfortunately the handsome & sensitive Mr. Firth is currently off the market......totally taken, happily married.


Hmmm........

At least, that's what his wife's recent red (ooops, I mean blue) carpet attire at the London Mamma Mia premiere would have us believe:


Huh.

Interesting.

Let's look more closely, shall we?

OK....YOU be the judge:



Yep, she certainly looks "HAPPY."

She's totally rockin' that yellow sparkle-sequined shift with the "Have A Nice Day" logo on it.

(I'm somewhat bothered by the unfortunate placement of the eyes, aren't you?)

Well, you know what they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words."

(And the picture of that dress is definitely sayin' somethin'.)

I happen to think it's sayin': "I need to buy a mirror."

But hey, that's just me.


OK, that's all for now Movie Lovers.......

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could the Firth-man be any hotter? I say that with my "Chandler" voice. Sarah is a riot. Almost as funny as movie chick, cagey or whoever writes these blogs.

My first two Saturdays in September are booked so if you want to see me outside the movie theatre, step up now!

media child

free movies said...

The only positive things I can mention in this movie are a short but very funny appearance by Bette Midler and Cloris Leachman as the housekeeper. Thanks for the review in your blog.